Ghost Hunt Locations - 2017

Cambridgeshire - Devon - Dorset - Essex - Hampshire - Kent - London - Oxfordshire - Suffolk - Sussex - Ghost hunting nights, ghost hunts, ghost tours, ghost evenings and ghost weekends. We organise ghost hunting events for indoor and outdoor locations and are based in the South East of England and travel all over the United Kingdom (UK) and into Europe to hold private and public ghost hunting nights.



Bilsington Priory

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Bilsington Priory Investigation Reports
Information on Bilsington Priory

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 20th October 2017
Time: 8pm until 2am
Tickets: £40 per person


Book a ticket

Bilsington Priory · Ashford, Kent

St Augustine's Priory, Bilsington, Kent was founded by John Mansel in June 1253 with the consent of Henry III and the Archbishop of Canterbury professing the rule of St Augustine.

The foundation charter was confirmed by a charter of Henry III, dated 12 June, 1253, which was confirmed afterwards by Henry VI in 1444 and Edward IV in 1466.

St Augustine's Priory was surrendered to the crown in 1535 and it was abandoned at Henry VIII's dissolution of the monasteries in 1538.

During the 1820s it was a base for smuggling gangs namely the Ransley Gang and The Aldington Gang. The Priory was restored 1906 by J.T. Micklethwaite, Architect

During the Second World War troops were billeted at St Augustine's Priory and at some point it was also an infirmary.

St Augustine's Priory has had a long and varied history and during our site visit we came across two Canadian Soldiers from the Second World War and a lady in Victorian dress lazing near to the pond.

Back to Top


Charlton House

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Charlton House Investigation Reports
Information on Charlton House
Photos of guests at Charlton House
Click to watch previous ghost hunt videos (Opens in a new window)

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 13th October 2017
Time: 8:30pm - 2:00am
Tickets: £45 per person


Book a ticket

Charlton House · London

Charlton House in Greenwich, London was built between 1607 and 1612 by Sir Adam Newton, Charlton House is one of the finest examples of Jacobean domestic architecture in the country.

The house and grounds were used as a hospital for officers during World War I and were bought by the Metropolitan Borough of Greenwich in 1925. The North (Chapel) Wing was bombed during the Blitz of the Second World War and was subsequently rebuilt albeit with non-matching bricks such as were available in the immediate post-war period.

Back to Top


D Day Tunnels

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor
Information on D Day Tunnels

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 21st October 2017
Time: 8pm until 2am
Tickets: £45 per person


Book a ticket

D Day Tunnels · Portsmouth, Hampshire

The D Day Tunnels (Underground World War Two Command Centre) in Portsmouth, Hampshire has about 1.5 miles of linked tunnels directly beneath Fort Southwick and they were excavated by the Royal Engineers in 1942. These tunnels provided a bombproof, comprehensive Operation Control Centre.

The tunnels housed approximately 700 staff working on the Combined Operations Headquarters and the co-ordination of various military operations including the now famous "Operation Overlord" the codename for the D-Day Normandy Landings by Allied troops during the Second World War.

Reports from radar stations were crossed-referenced with messages from shipping to provide an accurate picture of what was happening in the English Channel. This information was then plotted on a large table map in the map room of the tunnel. Some of the functions of this Underground Command Centre were duplicated at the Bunker underneath Dover Castle.

After the war the tunnels ceased operations in 1949 then reopened again by the Royal Navy during the 1956 Suez Crisis when it was refurbished, they were used again in the early 1960s during the Cold War as the Defence Teleprinter Network of the NATO Communication Organisation and as a Communications Centre "COMMCEN" for the Royal Navy. During this time the Soviet Union identified Fort Southwick as a "Category A" target and consequently it was a main target for the Russians. The Command Centre Bunker remained in use right up until 1974.

During the history of the tunnels, deaths have been reported at this secret and important location. Many of the tunnel linings have been removed over the years exposing the original chalk walls, which gives the tunnels its eerie sensations.

The existence of the D Day Tunnels (Underground Second World War Command Centre) and its D-Day and Cold War connections was a closely guarded secret. The entrance to these tunnels are very uninteresting and unimposing.

Distant chilling screams are often heard as well as Spirit voices and strange aromas smelt in various parts of the tunnels.

Back to Top


Epping Forest Museum

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factor
Information on Epping Forest Museum

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 3rd November 2017
Time: 8pm until 2am
Tickets: £45 per person


Book a ticket

Epping Forest Museum · Waltham Abbey, Essex

Epping Forest District Museum is housed in an original Tudor House on the main high street in Waltham Abbey, Essex. Waltham Abbey is one of those towns whose history is interwoven with that of its most important building, the Abbey itself.

The early settlement at Waltham (a forest homestead) was made by men who sailed up the River Lea from the Thames Estuary and built their huts as far as they dared venture from the main stream; twelve and a half miles was a long distance in Saxon times.

Whilst there isn't any history of who lived in this particular Tudor House, we know from the workmanship of the doorways and fireplaces that it was someone who had money, possibly a merchant.

Whilst workmen were working on the recent Museum upgrades they often felt something in a particular room, as tools and other items would go missing or be moved. They dubbed this room the 'haunted room'.

Back to Top


Fort Amherst

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Fort Amherst Investigation Reports
Information on Fort Amherst
Photos of guests at Fort Amherst
Click to watch previous ghost hunt videos (Opens in a new window)

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 24th November 2017
Time: 8:00pm - 2:00am
Tickets: £40 per person


Book a ticket

Fort Amherst · Chatham, Kent

Fort Amherst in Chatham, Kent was built to protect Chatham Dockyard after the invasion by the Dutch in 1667 which raided the River Medway and attacked Chatham's Royal Dockyard.

In 1708 plans were beginning to be drawn up to construct a fortification to protect the Royal Dockyard from a land based attack.
In 1714 land was bought for the construction of the fortifications but work did not start until 1755.
Part of the site chosen included a chalk pit with a number of caves. These caves were extended between 1776 and 1805 to provide an underground labyrinth of tunnels, protected underground gun positions and protection in the event of a siege. The tunnels contain many interesting and important features including a well, privies, loopholed defences, cannon positions and defendable gateways.
To ensure the protection of the Dockyard, three defendable gateways were constructed to control and defend access into the area protected by the Chatham Lines.

In 1820 the defences were declared obsolete due to better artillery equipment with a greater firing range. The whole of the fortifications were used as a training ground during the Victorian period, the practice sieges were so popular that thousands of people came to Chatham to watch them.

During WWII the tunnels were utilised by the Anti-Invasion Planning Unit and Civil Defence, who used a section as their headquarters. This is where Civil Defence was co-ordinated for the North Kent area in the event of bombing as well as support and assistance to the general public after such an incident. A section of the tunnels has been reconstructed into the Civil Defence HQ as it was in 1939.

Back to Top


Fort Burgoyne

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor
Information on Fort Burgoyne

The next event:

Date: 9th September 2017
Time: 8pm until 2am
Tickets: £49 per person


Book a ticket

Fort Burgoyne · Dover, Kent

Fort Burgoyne in Dover, Kent was originally known as Castle Hill Fort. Work started in 1861 and it was complete in 1868 as one of the Palmerston forts surrounding the South of England.

It was built to a polygonal system with detached eastern and western redoubts with a surrounding ditch, flanked by three demi-caponniers and a double caponnier to the North. Two detached wing batteries to the East and West of the main fort were also constructed in spurs off the main ditch. The main fort comprised a large parade ground, to the North of which was a long row of casemates, which provided the barrack accommodation for soldiers and officers. Above the casemates, on the terreplein, were Haxo Casemates, which housed the guns.
This was to guard the high ground northeast of the strategic port of Dover, just north of Dover Castle.

The fort is named after the 19th century General John Fox Burgoyne.

After the First World War Fort Burgoyne was used as military depot or store for Connaught Barracks. Until recently the central part of the fort was still owned by the Ministry of Defence, forming part of the Connaught Barracks site.

There were two mysterious deaths in February 1887, two men died for no known reason.

Back to Top


Harwich Redoubt Fort

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor
Information on Harwich Redoubt Fort

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 2018
Time: 8:00pm - 2:00am
Tickets: £40 per person


Harwich Redoubt Fort · Harwich, Essex

Harwich Redoubt Fort in Harwich, Essex was constructed between 1808 and 1810 to protect the port of Harwich against the threat of Napoleonic invasion. The fort was constructed on a hill, which allowed views in all directions.

French prisoners of war were made to help construct the fort. The fort has a central parade ground. It was originally armed with ten 24 pounder cannons. In 1861 a 68 pounder cannon was added to the fort's weapon range.

Later in 1903 three 12 pounder QF guns were added to the fort. Despite the ongoing modernisation no shot was fired in force. In the 1920s the redoubt was falling into disrepair. The fort was briefly used during the Second World War to house British troops awaiting trial. Restoration started in 1969 and still continues today.

Ghostly Activity
Witnesses have reportedly seen apparitions through the windows and heard unexplained footsteps. Many visitors to the fort have also reported being touched by unseen hands in the lower casements. There have also been many other mysterious noises and apparitions seen by visitors.

The fort is well known for the apparition of a headless soldier. In 1972 a soldier was decapitated by a cable attached to a 12 ton cannon which broke under the strain. It is rumoured that this soldier now roams the fort.

Back to Top


Landguard Fort

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Landguard Fort Investigation Reports
Information on Landguard Fort
Photos of guests at Landguard Fort
Click to watch previous ghost hunt videos (Opens in a new window)

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 21st October 2017
Time: 8:00pm - 2:00am
Tickets: £45 per person


Book a ticket

Landguard Fort · Felixstowe, Suffolk

Landguard Fort was built just outside Felixstowe, Suffolk, at the mouth of the River Orwell, Landguard Fort was designed to guard the entrance to Harwich. The first fortifications from 1540 were a few earthworks and blockhouse, but it was James I of England who ordered the construction of a square fort with bulwarks at each corner.

In 1667 the Dutch landed a force of 1500 men on Felixstowe beach and advanced on the fort, but were repulsed by a garrison of 400 musketeers of the Duke of York & Albany's Maritime Regiment (the first English Marines) and 100 artillerymen with 54 cannon. The fort was considered part of Essex in the 18th and 19th centuries; births and deaths within the garrison were recorded as 'Landguard Fort, Essex'.

A new Fort battery was built in 1717, and a complete new fort on an adjoining site was started in 1745 to a pentagonal bastioned trace. New batteries were built in the 1750s and 1780, but the biggest change was in the 1870s where the interior barracks were rebuilt to a keep-like design, the river frontage was rebuilt with a new casemated battery covered by a very unusual caponier with a quarter sphere bomb proof nose. Several open bastions were enclosed, and a mock ravelin block constructed to house a submarine mining contingent.

During the Second World War, it was used as one of the balloon launch sites of Operation Outward. This was a project to attack Germany by means of free-flying hydrogen balloons that carried incendiary devices or trailing steel wires (intended to damage power lines.)

The 10inch gun pit in Left Battery was converted into a Anti-aircraft Operations Room for Harwich in 1939. Visitors as well as local people, have their own experiences of paranormal activity in or around the Fort. The most common being the image of a sailor looking out of the top right window (the side visible from the road). Most reportings were in the 1990s, but occasionally there are still reports of lights at night and being "pushed" whilst visiting the top floors.

Back to Top


Newhaven Fort

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor
Information on Newhaven Fort

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 14th October 2017
Time: 8:00pm - 2:00am
Tickets: £45 per person


Newhaven Fort · Newhaven, East Sussex

Newhaven Fort is a Palmerston fort built in the 19th century to defend the harbour at Newhaven, on the south coast of England. It was the largest defence work ever built in Sussex

Building work commenced in 1864, with a workforce of 250 men and three steam engines. Work was completed in the summer of 1871 and the guns were emplaced in 1873.

The fort was originally armed on the eastern side in the 1870s with two 9-inch rifled muzzle-loading guns on Moncrieff disappearing carriages, the only such arrangement in the UK. From about 1906 the armament consisted of two modern 6-inch Mark VII breechloading naval guns, and two modern light QF 12-pounder guns for defence against torpedo boats.

The main 6-inch Mark VII guns were replaced in 1941 by a battery of BL 6-inch Mk 24 coastal guns (a modern coast defence version of the Mark VII built during World War II), which were located west of the fort.

The army vacated the fort in 1962. Restoration began in 1982 following a failed commercial redevelopment venture, and 6-inch Mk VII guns have been re-installed in the fort to approximate the 1906 - 1941 armament.

There are numerous reports from visitors to the Fort, when walking into the main tunnels, or the caponier, of being pushed and seeing dark figures slipping into the shadows. Other reports include sounds and smells, people have reported the noises of chains clinking. Some believe it is the ghost of a woman called Martha who committed suicide at the fort. Other occurrences happen in the magazines and laboratory.

The forts numerous exhibitions are also a hot bed of activity. People have reported hearing the sounds of soldiers boots, footsteps and shuffling, moans of suffering have also been heard and reported on numerous occasions.

Back to Top


Nothe Fort

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Nothe Fort Investigation Reports
Information on Nothe Fort

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 16th September 2017
Time: 8pm until 2am
Tickets: £45 per person


Book a ticket

Nothe Fort · Weymouth, Dorset

Nothe Fort in Weymouth, Dorset is situated on the shore beside the northern breakwater of the ex-military Portland Harbour, and at the mouth of civilian Weymouth Harbour. Nothe Fort was built in 1872 to protect Portland's harbour, which was then becoming an important Royal Navy base. The fort played an important role in World War II, when the harbour was used as base by the British and American Navy.

In 1956, the fort was abandoned, and in 1961 it was purchased by the local council. It is now a museum and tourist attraction, featuring models, World War II memorabilia as well as original cannons and guns and British and American WWII vehicles.

Nothe Fort has always had a legendary ghostly whistling gunner and many people claim to have heard his eerie whistling in the Fort's extensive underground passageways. Tales of this phantom have been talked about for decades around Weymouth and the Fort affectionately has a passageway dedicated to him. Who this 'shade' actually is, is at this time, unknown.

A survey carried out in 2007 by The National Lottery discovered that the Fort was voted one of the spookiest locations in the UK; in fact staff members sometimes refuse to visit certain areas by themselves.

Back to Top


Old Forde House

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Information on Old Forde House

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 30th September 2017
Time: 8:00pm - 2:00am
Tickets: £45 per person


Book a ticket

Old Forde House · Newton Abbot, Devon

Old Forde House in Newton Abbot, Devon has provided hospitality for kings, queens, princes, princesses and numerous lords and ladies since the reign of Elizabeth I.

Although there has been a house on this site since 1539, the present house bears the date 1610 and is built in the shape of the letter E. Commonly thought to be in honour of Queen Elizabeth I

King Charles I visited Forde House in 1625, the year of his accession to the throne, on his way to Plymouth to inspect the fleet. In 1646 (Civil War) Sir Thomas Fairfax, accompanied by his lieutenant-general, Oliver Cromwell, stayed at Forde House on their way to capture Dartmouth.

It was in the year 1688 that William, Prince of Orange sailed from the Hague and landed at Brixham to lead his army to the capital. Two days after his arrival the Prince reached Newton Abbot. Prince William proceeded to Forde House. Prince William stayed overnight at Forde House in the first floor room known ever since as the Orange Room.

This house is steeped in history, will we have any communication from those who have passed through this house on their way to battle?

Back to Top


Oliver Cromwells House

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Oliver Cromwells House Investigation Reports
Information on Oliver Cromwells House
Click to watch previous ghost hunt videos (Opens in a new window)

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 4th November 2017
Time: 8:00pm - 2:00am
Tickets: £49 per person


Book a ticket

Oliver Cromwells House · Ely, Cambridgeshire

Oliver Cromwell's House in Ely, Cambridgeshire was the family home of Oliver Cromwell. The kitchen dates from around 1215, other parts being built later.

Oliver Cromwell, Lord Protector of England, lived in Ely for 10 years. Today the House, the only surviving former Cromwell residence other than Hampton Court, has been recreated to show how his family would have lived in the mid 17th Century.

Some say his presence can still be felt in the House today.

A couple staying in the house in 1979 were given a guest room in the 17th Century west wing of the house. During the night, the woman awoke and felt herself to be in the room, but sensed she was present in a different era. The doorway of the room appeared to be in a different location. She was in the presence of a large, powerful man, who seemed distracted, as though he had a great decision to make, and he gripped her arm as he muttered to himself. The vision faded and the woman found herself back in real time. The doorway had returned to its original position, but the marks made by the man as he held onto her arm were still visible.

When she told her husband, he pointed out that part of the bedroom wall had been altered, and that there was evidence that, in the past, there had been a doorway in the place where she had seen it. That room is now known as the Haunted Bedroom, where you can still see the false door. Staff opening up the House in the mornings often make their way quickly through this room, as it can unnerve even those who believe none of the stories that they have been told.

There have been so many reported sightings of ghosts and odd happenings at Oliver Cromwell's House, are you brave enough to visit?

Back to Top


Pilgrims Way woods

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Pilgrims Way woods Investigation Reports
Information on Pilgrims Way woods

This location is available as a private group event (4-12) people, pick a suitable date when you book
See Private Booking

The next event:

Date: 27th April 2018
Time: 11:00pm - 2:00am
Tickets: £15 per person


Book a ticket

Pilgrims Way woods · nr Maidstone, Kent

The Pilgrims Way in Kent is the historic route supposed to have been taken by pilgrims from Winchester in Hampshire, England, to the shrine of Thomas Becket at Canterbury in Kent. This name is somewhat misleading, as the route follows closely a pre-existing ancient trackway dated by archaeological finds to 500-450 BC, but probably in existence since the stone age, following the 'natural causeway' east to west on the southern slopes of the North Downs.

This woodland is just off the Pilgrims Way road (which in recent times has been closed to traffic) and is near Maidstone.

A horse-drawn coach is said to haunt this road, its occupants unseen and unknown.

On inspection of Pilgrims Way wood, all those present felt weird sensations and a disorientating feeling, the trees seemed to be watching!

Back to Top


Red Lion Hotel

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Red Lion Hotel Investigation Reports
Information on Red Lion Hotel
Photos of guests at Red Lion Hotel
Click to watch previous ghost hunt videos (Opens in a new window)

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 26th August 2017
Time: 8:00pm - 2:00am
Tickets: £45 per person


Book a ticket

Red Lion Hotel · Colchester, Essex

The Brook Red Lion Hotel in Colchester, Essex is a historical Grade I listed building dating back to 1465. Located in the busy town centre of Colchester, Britain's oldest recorded town, The Brook Red Lion Hotel in Colchester is one of the oldest inns in the area.

The Parliament Restaurant at the Red Lion Hotel was once the old Banqueting Hall, still showing its timbered beams.

There are three known ghosts - a small boy that can be seen in the Parliament restaurant occassionally and has appeared in a guest's photograph, a ghostly monk that hangs around in reception, but the most active is Alice Millar.
Alice was a chambermaid at the hotel and was killed by a lover.
Alice has regularly been heard whispering and even talking to staff. There are recent accounts of people's hair being pulled and a womans voice appearing on a video taken in one of the rooms, with no obvious cause.

The original rooms still have their original wattle and daub beams. They are also, obviously, the most haunted.

Back to Top


Royal Engineers Museum

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor
Information on Royal Engineers Museum

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 28th October 2017
Time: 8pm until 2am
Tickets: £45 per person


Book a ticket

Royal Engineers Museum · Gillingham, Kent

The Royal Engineers Museum in Gillingham, Kent was constructed in 1904 and became the Electrical School for the Royal Engineers who had their barracks on the opposite side of the defensive ditch. It originally consisted of a quadrangle of offices and classrooms around a central courtyard.

In 1986 the building was converted, and the courtyard roofed in, to house the regiments museum collection of exhibits and now houses unique and priceless items of military history including guns and swords.

Ghostly happenings have been frequent over the years with a Morse code machine that has been known to function 'on its own' as well as lights seen from unknown sources, shadows and an apparition in a beige suit.

Back to Top


Royal Gunpowder Mills

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Information on Royal Gunpowder Mills

Royal Gunpowder Mills · Waltham Abbey, Essex

The Royal Gunpowder Mills, Waltham Abbey, Essex was one of three Royal Gunpowder Mills in the United Kingdom (the other mills were at Ballincollig and Faversham) but is the only site to have survived virtually intact.

The Royal Gunpowder Mills, Waltham Abbey, were in operation for over 300 years; however, from the mid-1850s onwards the site was involved in developing new nitro-based explosives and propellants.

Shortly after World War II it became solely a Defence Research Establishment - firstly the Explosives Research and Development Establishment, then the Propellants, Explosives and Rocket Motor Establishment Waltham Abbey; and finally the Royal Armament Research and Development Establishment Waltham Abbey. Its superior production methods and high quality results earned it a reputation on an international level.

Throughout the First World War the number of workers exceeded 6000, mostly local and female workers. After World War I production continued and crucial development work was carried out on TNT production and on the new explosive RDX.

During World War II, Waltham Abbey remained an important cordite production unit and for the first two years of the war was the sole producer of RDX. RDX is one component of torpex, the explosive that was used in the Bouncing Bomb.

The Royal Gunpowder Mills finally closed on 28 July 1945.

In 1945 the establishment re-opened as a research centre known as The Explosives Research and Development Establishment, or ERDE. In 1977 it became the Propellants, Explosives and Rocket Motor Establishment, Waltham Abbey, or PERME Waltham Abbey.

In 1984 the South site and the Lower Island works were handed over to Royal Ordnance Plc immediately prior to its privatisation. The North side however remained in Ministry of Defence control as a research centre; becoming part of the Royal Armament Research and Development Establishment.

After various reorganisations of Governmental research, the research centre finally closed in 1991, bringing to an end 300 years of explosives production and research.

Back to Top


Sandford Mill

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Sandford Mill Investigation Reports
Information on Sandford Mill
Click to watch previous ghost hunt videos (Opens in a new window)

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 27th October 2017
Time: 8:00pm - 2:00am
Tickets: £40 per person


Book a ticket

Sandford Mill · Chelmsford, Essex

Sandford Mill, Chelmsford, Essex was originally a corn mill. The Mill building was constructed of timber and the mill stream ran underneath the centre of the building. The mill stream drove a large water wheel which provided the power for the mill. In 1880 a steam engine was installed to give additional power. Coal for the boiler came from Newcastle and was transported from Heybridge Basin to Sandford Mill by horse drawn barges.

In 1923 Chelmsford Corporation acquired the site for the new Borough Waterworks, construction began in 1926 and milling ceased. The corn mill was demolished but the two cottages which were built in 1905 were retained and are the only surviving part of the original mill. The new waterworks started operating in March 1929 although it was not officially opened until July 1930. The waterworks became redundant in 1984. All the buildings on site are now used by Chelmsford Museum.

Many of the children evacuees from London lived in the cottages surrounding the water works during the Second World War

Back to Top


The Guildhall

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our The Guildhall Investigation Reports
Information on The Guildhall

This location is available to book for private group events (5-20 people) - price depending on people - see Private Group Ghost Hunts

The next event:

Date: 4th November 2017
Time: 8pm until 2am
Tickets: £35 per person


Book a ticket

The Guildhall · Sandwich, Kent

The Guildhall Museum in Sandwich, Kent was built in 1579. Work in 1812 encased the building in yellow brick, this was removed 100 years later in 1912, when the south-west wing was also added

The security staff at this building have reported the sounds of footsteps in the halls, a feeling of being watched as they lock up and the old staircase has a surprise for the casual visitor! Hold on to the handrail...

Back to Top


Theatre Royal

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Theatre Royal Investigation Reports
Information on Theatre Royal
Photos of guests at Theatre Royal
Click to watch previous ghost hunt videos (Opens in a new window)

The next event:

Date: 6th October 2017
Time: 8:30pm - 2:00am
Tickets: £35 per person


Book a ticket

Theatre Royal · Margate, Kent

The Theatre Royal, Margate, Kent is the oldest theatre in Kent and the second oldest theatre in England. The Theatre Royal was built in 1787, burned down in 1829 and was remodelled in 1879. The exterior is largely from the l9th century and has remained relatively untouched.

From 1885 to 1899 actor-manager Sarah Thorne ran a school for acting at the Theatre Royal which is widely regarded as Britain's first formal drama school. Actors who received their initial theatrical training there include Harley Granville-Barker, Evelyn Millard, Louis Calvert, George Thorne, Janet Achurch, Adelaide Neilson and Irene and Violet Vanbrugh, among others.

According to local reports, hauntings began in 1918 when the ghost of Sarah Thorne (an actress) was seen. There is one particular area where paranormal activity is higher; a trapdoor which leads to what was a smugglers cave. Paranormal activity has been reported on the stage and backstage and it is known that one of the boxes is haunted as a man jumped from the box to his death during a performance.

Another ghost, that of an actor who committed suicide, is held responsible for creating strange lights that float around the stage area.

Back to Top


Vinters Park

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor
Information on Vinters Park

The next event:

Date: 23rd September 2017
Time: 10.00pm - 1.00am
Tickets: £15 per person


Book a ticket

Vinters Park · Maidstone, Kent

Vinters Valley Nature Reserve in Maidstone, Kent has had a very intersting history and a house has stood on this land for 600 years.

Roman remains have been found on the site in the past, but the first recorded history was when a Roger de Vinter bought the land from the Abbott of Boxley in 1343, and built the first house.

In 1554 Henry Isley, took part in the Sir Thomas Wyatt the Younger's Rebellion and was executed for his trouble. His property was seized by Queen Mary I (Bloody Mary) who bequeathed it to a Henry Cutts of Bynbury.

Vinters house was bought by a local businessman, James Whatman of Vinters. Although he didn't ever live in Vinters his son did. James Whatman of Vinters moved into the house in 1782, having bought it some time previously from the then Lord Ongley. He died in 1798 aged 57, and like many Whatmans was buried at Boxley Church.

During the Second World War the house was taken over for Military purposes and many Army units passed through the park. The fine furniture and effects were locked away. The ATS girls stayed in the house, with the men in billets near the kitchen garden. Having been empty for a few years the entire estate comprising of 660 acres was sold to a property developer in 1956. Shortly after this the house burnt down, and was demolished.

Back to Top


Other Haunted Locations

If you are aware of other locations, or if you are the owner of a location and want an investigation (public or private) please contact us

Share |